Bulky waste, like most types of waste, can be recycled responsibly by licensed waste management companies, such as Willshee’s. We’re proud to collect either your domestic or commercial waste, regardless of its shape or size, and recycle it accordingly. But what is classed as bulky waste, what are the benefits of recycling bulky waste and how, exactly, can we here at Willshee’s help to manage any bulky waste you have?
What is bulky waste?
Bulky waste is often used to refer to a wide range of different items. The exact definition of bulky waste can vary, especially if you look at your local authority’s website. However, it’s often considered to be something that you’d take with you if you moved house or an item that’s simply too big to place in your bin.
It might even be too big to get in your car to take to your local tip. If this is the case, then you’d be far better off contacting a professional waste management company to deal with it for you, such as Willshee’s.
Our skip hire services are ideal for dealing with bulky waste, especially if you opt for a particularly large skip. We can even provide you with construction waste skips – the perfect solution to building projects or even complex home renovations. However, there are some safety restrictions to take into account when filling a skip. You should ensure that:
- You do not overfill the skip
- Items aren’t protruding over the top or the sides of the skip
- You do not fill the skip above the internal line
- You cover the top of the skip with tarpaulin whilst it’s in your possession
- If it’s on the side of the road, a light needs to be attached to the side of it, together with some reflective items, like cones
- You have a skip permit if you want to put it on the road – here at Willshee’s, we can do that for you so you can focus on your project
Which items are considered to be ‘bulky waste’?
As already touched upon, bulky waste is often considered to be something that’s too big to go in an average bin or even a car. It might also be something that you would take with you when you move house or relocate your business premises. So which items are considered to be ‘bulky waste’?
- Bath tubs
- Rolls of carpet and/or underlay
- Coffee tables
- Dining tables
Here at Willshee’s, you can count on us to recycle your bulky waste. We aim to recycle 100% of the waste we collect, whether it be commercial or domestic waste. With a zero-waste-to-landfill initiative, we will transform the waste material we collect into Solid Recovered Fuel (SRF) and repurposed glass products, as well as use it to generate electricity. The waste materials we’re happy to treat with our dedicated recycling service includes:
- Green waste
- Residual waste
What are the benefits of recycling bulky waste with Willshee’s?
There are a few benefits associated with the recycling of bulky waste items, including:
- It helps to keep your carbon footprint low
- It enables Willshee’s to keep our carbon footprint low
- You’ll free up large amounts of space throughout your home or commercial site
- You don’t have to take the time and effort to work large items into your car to take to the tip
- You won’t have to put yourself at risk by breaking down large items to get in your car to take to the tip
- You’ll save petrol and time because you won’t have to visit your local recycling centre, which can often be quite some distance away
- Willshee’s are always on hand to advise you on the waste you have, so you don’t have to experience wasted trips to the tip to find that they can’t take your items
- Skip hire is a cost-effective waste management solution that can be utilised by domestic and commercial customers alike
Willshee’s are pleased to provide our customers throughout Burton-on-Trent, Derby, Swadlincote, Tamworth, Leicester, Nottingham, Birmingham and across the Midlands with first-class waste management services that can always be counted upon. As fully-licensed professionals, you can rest assured that your waste will be collected and disposed of in a responsible, eco-friendly manner every single time. For more information about how we can help you today, get in touch with a member of our specialist team – we’re always happy to hear from you.