Willshee’s are looking to enhance our plant maintenance team in Burton-on-Trent, we require the services of an experienced plant fitter who has a wide range of knowledge, this person will be part of a small team. We are in the process of commissioning our new MRF in Swadlincote, this marks a major new investment in the company, the successful applicant will be required to live no more than 30 minutes travel time from the depots and may have to consider relocation.
- Proven working experience working on heavy plant and machinery, working on waste and recycling equipment would be favourable
- Welding experience would be favourable
- Punctual, hard- working, ‘can do’ attitude
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Time served, with industry recognised certificates
- dealing with heavy plant and machinery including, shredders, trommels, loading shovels.
- doing regular inspections, servicing, ensuring equipment is safe and fit for purpose, this will include fitting and repairing parts and making relevant adjustments
- using computer diagnostic equipment to find faults in complex machinery
- using various hand and power tools, as well as welding gear and electrical testing equipment
- repairing or replacing damaged parts and reassembling and testing the machine
- completing daily log sheets, listing work done and time spent on it.
- You will be expected to work outdoors in all weather.
- At other times you might work in a workshop where conditions might be dirty and oily.
- You might have to work at heights, for example on cranes.
- You may have to bend, stretch and lift heavy machinery parts.
- Overtime working, including some weekends.
Health & Safety
- Adhere to all Health & Safety policies and report any malpractice
- Report all accidents, incidents & near misses
- Monday – Friday 45hrs – Hourly rate TBA
- Saturday mornings (when required) time & half
- 22 x days holiday per calendar year, Plus bank holidays
- Nest pension scheme
Willshee’s is a leading independent domestic, industrial and commercial waste management company based in Burton-on-Trent. Our family-run company has been providing waste and recycling solutions for over 35 years. Our waste & recycling expertise means we can propose, develop and deliver tailor made services for the reduction, reuse, recycling, recovery and disposal of waste.
We offer a wide range of services from wheelie bin hire, skips, rear end loaders (RELs), roll on/off container and equipment rental for general waste, Moffett collections, and all types of recycling.