We currently have two depots located off Wetmore Road, a main office and a new purpose- built recycling unit due to open in Swadlincote early 2021 due to continued growth.
The role is varied and is suitable for conscientious, self-motivated, organised individuals with good communication skills who is committed to providing excellent service.
- Proven experience within the Waste Industry is preferred but is not crucial.
- Punctual, hard- working, ‘can do’ attitude.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- A commitment to uphold and improve the company brand standards.
- A team player who is committed to enhancing the company culture.
- Good understanding of Health and Safety within a Road Transport Operation.
- Day to day management of operational staff to achieve the company objective of 100% service levels
- Deliver optimum utilisation of the Motor Vehicle Fleet by scrutinising the company vehicle tracker systems and the daily planning
- Have knowledge of the RTR & WTD Regulations
- Learn and embrace the Company Operating System to support the weighing, planning, dispatch and validation of all internal and external vehicles.
- Perform Traffic Office administration to include Wages Input, De-Brief, Filing of Documents
- Interact with internal and external customers in a professional manner and communicate operational variations to the operational staff
- Liaise with and communication with customers, members of the public, the traffic office, garage and site functions to overcome issues as they arise
- Develop and maintain a positive relationship with all colleagues and take ownership of problems and deliver solutions to assist the delivery of the departmental objective Update the company Tachograph Analysis System and identify infringements. Where infringements are flagged up de-brief the infringement with the driver concerned so that repeat infringements are avoided
- At Willshee’s Road Safety is paramount – There is a requirement to carry out motor vehicle accident investigations and complete the associated documentation within 24 hours of any such occurrence.
Maintain & improve the company brand standards through, personal presentation, office presentation and document presentation.
Health & Safety
- Adhere to all Health & Safety policies and report any mal practice
- Support the company Near-Miss and Hazard Reporting procedure – Investigate the core root of Near-Misses and Hazards and deliver resolutions
- At Willshee’s Personal Safety is paramount – There is a requirement to carry out personal injury accident investigations and complete the associated documentation within 24 hours of any such occurrence.
The role suits an individual who wishes to join a dynamic, busy operation and to make a real difference. We encourage our people to take personal responsibility and to make decisions which develop into operational benefits.
Willshee’s is a leading independent domestic, industrial and commercial waste management company based in Burton-on-Trent. Our family-run company has been providing waste and recycling solutions for over 35 years. Our waste & recycling expertise means we can propose, develop and deliver tailor made services for the reduction, reuse, recycling, recovery and disposal of waste.
We offer a wide range of services from wheelie bin hire, skips, rear end loaders (RELs), roll on/off container and equipment rental for general waste, Moffett collections, and all types of recycling.