Due to continued growth Willshee’s Waste & Recycling are looking to recruit a SHEQ Manager, covering our 2 depots based in Burton and our MRF in Swadlincote, reporting to the senior management team, we can offer a varied and structured career for the right candidate.
- Previous experience working within Quality, Environmental and H&S Management systems
- Previous experience of completing internal and external audits
- Experience of implementation of documentation and procedures
- Experience managing ISO standards
- Experience delivering health & safety training
- NEBOSH Health & Safety
- Carry out site inspections to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented/followed
- Keep records of inspection findings and produce reports suggesting improvements
- Periodically monitor and update the company training matrix and organise training as required
- Support the investigation of accidents and near misses and produce relevant statistics
- Keep up to date all company ISO annual acreditations
- Periodically review risk assessments for work activities and ensure these conform to the relevant guidance
- Set up/attend H&S representative meetings
- Each month you will report findings of internal audits and any significant H&S issue’s to the monthly senior management meeting
- You may be required to deliver tool box talks to the staff should we have a significant H&S incident
24 hours per week will be required, we can offer flexibility on days worked, renumeration will be pro-rata 38 – 40k per annum dependent on experience, along with the usual pension and holiday entitlement.
Willshee’s is a leading independent domestic, industrial and commercial waste management company based in Burton-on-Trent. Our family-run company has been providing waste and recycling solutions for over 35 years. Our waste & recycling expertise means we can propose, develop and deliver tailor made services for the reduction, reuse, recycling, recovery and disposal of waste.
We offer a wide range of services from wheelie bin hire, skips, rear end loaders (RELs), roll on/off container and equipment rental for general waste, Moffett collections, and all types of recycling.