Due to continued growth with-in Willshee’s Waste & Recycling, and the increased number of HGV vehicles and trailers we operate, Willshee’s are looking to recruit an HGV professional mechanic with-in an existing team, based at our Burton garage we can offer a varied and structured career for the right candidate.
- Proven experience as an HGV Mechanic working on all types of vehicles
- Punctual, hard- working, ‘can do’ attitude.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Time served, with industry recognised certificates
- Carry out routine maintenance, service and repair on a variety of HGVs / heavy vehicles / trucks & trailers and land rovers including MOT preparation
- Ensure all service and maintenance works are recorded and records kept up to date including requirements by VOSA & the company maintenance plans
- Ensure that the maintenance database is kept up to date and outstanding work and defects are closed out in a timely manner
- Ensuring all work is carried out in a safe manner without risk whether on site or at depot Wearing safety clothing and using safety equipment appropriate to the task undertaken or the working environment in accordance with the company’s PPE requirements
- Maintaining a work area that is tidy and free from hazards
- To comply with health, safety and environment rules to ensure the safety of all employees, contractors and visitors
- Compliance with safety, quality, environmental and business management systems
- To report any breaches of health and safety to your line manager immediately
- To report any accident, incident or close-call in line with company procedure and assist in any investigations which may be required
- Maintain & improve the company brand standards through, personal presentation, office presentation and document presentation.
- Please note – company PPE is provided
Health & Safety
- Adhere to all Health & Safety policies and report any mal practice
- Support the company Near-Miss and Hazard Reporting procedure
Willshee’s is a leading independent domestic, industrial and commercial waste management company based in Burton-on-Trent. Our family-run company has been providing waste and recycling solutions for over 35 years. Our waste & recycling expertise means we can propose, develop and deliver tailor made services for the reduction, reuse, recycling, recovery and disposal of waste.
We offer a wide range of services from wheelie bin hire, skips, rear end loaders (RELs), roll on/off container and equipment rental for general waste, Moffett collections, and all types of recycling.